Wednesday, May 13, 2009
emm..pape pon sahabat.. i wish u happy holiday & congrats coz we managed to finish the last semester.. & able to accomplish d mission in d final exams...and thesis as well!
so! sahabat.. what's 'cuti' means to u?? is it feels like 'cuti-cuti Malaysia'.. or maybe 'time for us to gain weight'...haha! for me..'cuti' means a lot!.. coz it's d time for me to:
1) ease d pressure...& stay 'away' from the hectic schedule...haha! (so that i can do something that i prefered since i dun have enuf time to do it thru out d semester)..
2) go back to hometown.. and meet my beloved ma & abah...(i hope i can contribute sumtin to 'em wen i'm at home).. even for a lil' while.. (T.T).. and don't forget to ziarah ya grandparents, relatives,old friends... so that u can keep in touch wif em'...
3) read the books that i bought...(i'd bought lots of boooook..but dun have a really nice time to read it)
4) learn new skills... it is very important for us to gain new skills... & its up to us to put some efforts on it! (i wonder wat kind of skill i'll learn during d holiday..hmmm..)
5) share with others... i really think that... we can share more with others during our free time... we can share our knowledge wif our siblings, relatives, friends, and et cetera.. we can share our skills wif others too.. u know in university we learn quite a lot of thing..but we rarely share it wif others.. agree???
6) prepare for the next semester... holiday or we can call it semester break is essential and crucial time for us to prepare mentally & physically before entering d new semester.. it doesn't mean dat 'cuti' time is equal to 'cuti' your brain from 'working'.. & maybe for some people, 'cuti' means 'additional-sleeping-time"...
7) and the most important thing that we must prioritize is... to check our 'iman'.. or Muhasabah... whether our 'iman' increased or 'decreased' for the last semester...& what we plan to do for the next semester.... (hope i can make a good plan.. and will work it out very well..huu)
so..friends! lets make our holiday meaningfull!!!
Happy Holiday to all!!!
p/s: my laptop being diagnosed and d 'doctor' found out that its 'central nervous system' broken down and need futher investigation... so it still be quarantined in ICU ward...
Please pray for my lil' laptop... huhu!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
so..kali ni..meh ana share pengalaman dan pengajaran yang diperolehi sepanjang KLIBF lepas..
buat pengetahuan sahabat sekalian... ana sempat bertugas di booth Read Network+ JIMedia untuk 2 hari pada syif yang ditetapkan..
Pada pendapat ana, being those yang menjaga booth ni..it's not all about wearing d jackets..promoting d products/books...and sold it... ia sebenarnya lebih daripada itu... di mana.. berada di posisi menjaga booth is one of the best way to:
di bawah adalah list (anything salah bleh perbetulkan):
a) know and learn about people's behaviors and way of thinkings..(individu yang berbeza tahap pendidikan, umur, jantina dan sebagainya)
b) convey d messages...(medium dakwah...jika jual buku palestin..bukan setakat mempromote buku tu tetapi menyebarkan dan memperbetulkan kefahaman salah individu terhadap isu tersebut)
c) unleash your own potential...probably in communication skills...and soft skills.. dan sebagainya.. dan ini penting untuk digilap esp. untuk seorang dai'e...mahasiswa..
d) challenge your comfort zone... (kalau kita berada di kampus.. mad'u adalah tertakluk pada kawasan kampus sahaja.. tapi jika kita keluar menjengah masyarakat.. kita akan jumpa pelbagai jenis golongan mad'u.. yang ana sendiri perlu pelajari..bagaimana mencabar diri kita untuk deal wif people yang diluar 'comfort zone')... Explore!
ana dan sahabat rapat,Himah di Booth JIMedia KLIBF.
antara buku yang ana sempat rembat bukan pada hari bertugas....(yang belah2 atas adalah buku anak sedara..ngee!)
ni plak bukan time KLIBF..tapi time Konvensyen Quran di UITM shah alam.. ana hanya membantu menjaga booth...
tajuk entri kali ni.. 'blogku nyaris bersawang..' haha..agak2 nk bersawang..bukan disebabkan sengaja menyawangkannya.. tapi akibat laptop ana 'uzur'..terlantar kat wad ICU.. dah byk kali check..still xde progress..doakan ia cepat sembuh..ngee!
this is the advices (according to some research..('O')..:
sape yg penah buat..bleh tick..or juz raise up ya hand!)
1. Keep food and drinks away from your laptop. As much as possible, you should refrain from drinking beverage and eating your meals while working on your laptop. Spilled liquids and fallen food crumbs and bits can easily damage the sensitive circuitry inside. (bukan setakat minuman..roti..biskut..ais-krim..bersepah atas laptop!)
2. Avoid touching the LCD screen (yang ni mmg selalu..esp. time ade semut melintas!). When shutting it off, be sure to hold it with both hands while closing the lid gently(????). Screen repairs don't come in real cheap so you may want to clean your monitor with approved cleaning materials only.(clorox bleh??)
3. Keep it cool by using and keeping it in a well-ventilated area. Laptops generate a lot of heat which can damage the internal circuitry. It is also a wise move to install a laptop cooler or chill mat to reduce the machine's operating temperature. Laptop coolers come in two designs. Some laptop coolers draw away heat from the laptop's underside while others blow cool air towards it. They may run through a power adaptor or a USB hub. (wow.. i love when its getting 'hot'!)
4. Use your laptop's battery. At least once a week unplug it from the wall and let it run on battery power until it tells you to recharge. This will make the battery life lasts much longer.
(i always use both, esp. when there's kids around... they'll unplugged it..n u'll lost ya works!)
5. Do not let it run for straight two days, even on powerful laptops. Laptops can get very hot and leaving it on for a longer period of time may cause overheating. It is advisable to install software that automatically puts your laptop in a sleep or hibernate mode or even shut it down after a period of inactivity. (I managed to make it 3 days "non-stop"..or even more than that!)
6. If you need to move and take your laptop more than a few feet away, shut it down or put it to sleep before moving on. Do not walk with your laptop on because you are risking the hard drive with every stumble, stump, or jar you make. (haha..why..i always doin it???)
7. Don't close anything inside your laptop. There is a little clearance between the screen and the keyboard and even a couple sheets of paper can put stress onto the screen. Also, avoid putting heavy objects on top of your laptop. These careless actions can damage and break the screen.
(ooo..really? i ever put stack of books on my laptop!)
8. Get your laptop a carrying bag to reduce the risk of breaks because of laptop being bumped to or dropped accidentally. Moreover, your laptop bag should be big enough to avoid scratching and squeezing to contain the laptop inside the bag.(T.T)!
9. Guard its health by using antivirus software and firewall. Install antivirus and keep it updated from time to time. Your internet-connected laptop is always at risk of being infected with viruses, so you may want to take the necessary precautions. Data loss because of viruses can give you headaches.(yeahh..absolutely! i got headache..heartache..)
10. jangan tiru macam saya... wuuuu!
so..sahabat..sayangi laptop anda..esp.time study ni.. buat tesis..buat assignment..kalo data loss..mmg bukan setakat gugur rambut..tercabut kepala terus..hehe!
pape pun.. alhamdulillah..walaupun laptop ana mmg xle bukak lgsung..sempat jugak recover files..
p/s: currently, i'm using my fren's laptop...